Finally, after exactly two years since the last update and almost six years since the release, Firmware Update Check got renewed and arrives to version 7.
Here is the changelog:
- The app has been completely rewritten. A particular motivation has been the shift of several server-side functions, so that it can be maintained even after the imminent closure of the Windows Phone 8.1 (and earlier) Store.
- New graphical interface and icons, now with Hamburger menu and Fluent Design elements, a new thing among Windows Phone 8 apps on the Store.
- New menu with information about your device. Now it is also possible, using the appropriate button, to copy the data in the system clipboard.
- Important renewal of the section on the suitability of Windows 10 Mobile. Now it includes more details and many more devices.
- The sections related to news, tutorials and tools have been renewed and updated.
- Introduced a small section with notifications by the developer.
- Introduced the section with all versions of Windows 10 Mobile released, public and Insider. For versions still supported there is a countdown in days to the end of support date.
- Improved multilingual support.
As you may have noticed, in the last few months the app purchase for this app has been lowered to € 0.99.
In the future I would like to make the app become a UWP, but it’s not something that will arrive soon. Currently I’m planning to finish updates to some of my apps. I may release a status page in next weeks.
Download | Firmware Update Check 7
See you at the next project!